Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Homemade Fingerpaint 1

I found this recipe for homemade finger paint and had to try it since finger painting is one of Aubrey's favorite things to do. It was actually more difficult than I thought it would be... not horribly difficult, but difficult enough when we're talking finger paint, something simple enough to just go and get in a store. Oh well, it was a new experience none the less, and Aubrey enjoyed herself!
Materials
1 cup of Flour
4 cups of Water
Food Coloring
Makes about 2 cups of paint
All you have to do is mix one cup of flour and one cup of water together in a pan until smooth and add the other 3 cups of water. Cook mixture over medium heat until it starts to bubble gently, and then allow it to cook for another minute or so. I think I didn't cook it too long, and it turned out thinner than I would've liked.
Once the mixture is fully cooked, put it in the fridge and let it cool for approximately two hours.
Separate the mixture into different cups or, as I have, in a old formula divider (my best trick) and drop food coloring in until it reaches the hue of your choice. Stir and then paint. Done.... Okay, I guess it's not that hard, just takes a while.

1 comment:

  1. Might not be to hard but I would have just bought some at the store. (Unless they are to pricey...)

    ReplyDelete