Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cleaning with toddlers

I'm not counting this as an activity, so no worries. But I did want to post the info. just in case people needed ideas....
Aubrey can't stand it when I have to clean the house, but those of you with toddlers know that, unfortunately, with toddlers comes a giant mess, and messes don't clean themselves. I read about this online and thought I'd give it a try. Toddlers love helping Mama... with anything, even cleaning! That said, I made a little bucket of "cleaning supplies" just her size. Turns out, I should have been doing it all along :Get a little bucket and put in random cleaning supplies (not used). I put in a feather duster, a plastic hand broom and dustpan, a scrubbing brush, washcloth, and a little spray bottle with water in it.
After that I gave it Aubrey and told her it was time to clean. She was all for it! She was still cleaning, even after I was needing a break!

2 comments:

  1. I just "discovered" your blog. Really cute ideas! Another idea for cleaning that my girls like is using baby wipes. I have the cleanest baseboards, chair rails, and railings in town! The more dust the better, they think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input Kristy, looking forward to hearing more from you as we move through the year!

    ReplyDelete