Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dropper Painting

Yesterday was the first time I worked AND did a project with Aubrey (good thing daddy helped). I didn't think we were going to make it at first, but we did! However, I wasn't able to get it on the blog until just now, sorry! It's going to be a busy year! I needed a quick and easy project, something that would fit in between work, cooking and cleaning. I know I'm not the only busy mom in these parts, so I'm happy to share it with you all!

Materials
  • Food coloring, mixed with water (I used neon because it looks so fancy!)
  • dropper, I had an extra one I used for meds back in the day, so we used that
  • Coffee filters
I was looking for something to mix the food coloring in when I came across this... Aubrey's old formula container. It was perfect for separating paint, but keeping them easy and accessible for tiny toddler hands! When mixing the food coloring, there's no perfect way to do it... just drop in however many drops you want until you see a color you like.
After we mixed the food coloring and water, daddy showed Aubrey how to suck up the color and drip it onto her paper. She LOVED it, but I was worried about the mess...
...because once it was her turn she really enjoyed POURING the color on to her paper! In the end, the mess was worth it. She loved the final product almost more than we did! It turned out beautiful and we are displaying it in the art display hangers she made a few days ago. She really likes pointing at them and saying, "ooOOOoo" Well done baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute to! You and Tab keep coming up with some really cute ideas! I love seeing these little artists at work! :)

    ReplyDelete