Thursday, June 30, 2011

Banana Oatmeal Bread

Okay, so as much as I'd like to ignore that I was MIA for months on end, I guess I should start this off with an apology. Excuses are boring, but indulge me.... After months of trying we finally got pregnant with baby number 2! Unlike with Aubrey, I've been sick as a dog this go around. Once that finally subsided, well, we had vacation, the little downs syndrome scare, and here we are, months later! Well, I'm playing a bit of catch up, but please don't expect me to post something everyday. because I won't. It might take me 3 years to actually get 365 different activities, but for now, enjoy.....

...Ingredients...
1 & 1/4 cup of flour, white
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 tsp canola oil
1 large egg, beaten
2 large egg whites, beaten
3 ripe bananas
1 cup old fashioned oats

...Instructions...
Preheat the oven to 350 and in a large bowl mix together all dry ingredients. This is a perfect job for your "kitchen aide" (mine is named Aubrey). Once its thoroughly mixed together, add oil and eggs and mix again

In a smaller bowl mash bananas with a potato masher. This was Aubrey's favorite part until taste testing time!

Add mashed bananas and oatmeal to the batter and stir... and that's about it... the hardest part, really, is waiting, and you'll have to wait a while. Let it cook for 45-55 minutes, or until the top is firm to touch. It smells delightful and it was difficult not to cave and just pour a half baked loaf into my tummy. Blame the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment